Kinetic Carnivale Fair:
DAYTIME Music from Diego's Umbrella,
El Radio Fantastique, Dgiin, THE CRUX, & DJ Brycie Bones
Exhibits on Vintage Cameras & WATCHES
Workshops on corsets & fans
Gypsy Time Travelers & Dr. Solar ~ Curiosities & Shows
Fine Wares for Sale, ART CARS, CIRCUS MAXIMUS
Whimsy Circus ACTIVITIES for Kids, CRAFT PROJECTS FOR ALL
Delicious Food & Beverages for Sale
Purchase tickets online ahead of time or at the Kinetic Carnivale entrance at Recreation Grove Park across from the Museum, which is at 400 East Commercial Street.
The Fair is open:
10 am - 7 pm Saturday
10 am - 5 pm Sunday
$10 per Person per Day
$5 per Senior 65+ years per Day
$5 per Youth 13-18 yrs per Day
Free: Children 12 years & under
featuring creative contraptions
Willits Brass Band & Sheriff Tom Allman as M.C. & Judge!
The Handcar Races take place at the Willits Skunk Train Depot at 299 East Commercial Street, a short walk from Recreation Grove Park. There will be an awards ceremony during the Grand Ball.
The Handcar Races will happen:
1 pm - 3 pm Saturday
Watching the Handcar Races is included in the Kinetic Carnivale Fair ticket prices. Show your hand stamp to get to the shaded bleachers.
Amazing Music For Dancing, Marching Bands
Aerialists & Dancers, Silent Films, Fire Shows
Fabulous Foods & Diverse Drinks for Sale
Grand Ball tickets can be purchased online, over the Museum phone, at the Museum, at Mazahar in Willits. The Grand Ball takes place on SATURDAY at the Museum Engine House at 400 East Commercial Street.
7 pm - 1 am Saturday
$35 per Person in advance
$20 per Teen Person in advance
$40 per Person on Saturday
$25 per Teen Person on Saturday
Teens are 13-18 years of age. Children 12 years of age and under are NOT invited. This is a great party, but it's not for children who need supervision.
Wish You Were Here !
Come on up, down, over, and around from wherever you live and visit the Kinetic Carnivale in Willits in 7 easy steps.
- Register your Hand Car Contraption. Bring on your winged chariots and rolling submarines, your classic hand cars, and your innovative inventions. Show off your speed. Challenge their character. Hand car power sources are VIPs in every sense of the word!
- Get your Grand Ball tickets as soon as possible, either online or call the Museum at 707-459-2736. Do not miss out on this event: bands, aerialists, fashion show, fire dancers, films, and more. The Grand Ball has sold out both years, despite increasing the size of the event. Do not delay buying your tickets.
- Decide whether you'll dress up or not. You don't have to be in costume to have fun at the Kinetic Carnivale. People-watching is a fine sport. If you do want dress up, then, by all means, concoct something creative!
- Arrive early on Friday. That means all you vendors, for Friday set-up. It also means everyone who wants to experience a small town with heart. Check out the downtown restaurant scene and catch specials. Noyo Film Theatre will be showing a movie with a steampunk theme.
- Saturday's Fair will have everything going on. Many extraordinary vehicles and kinetic methods of transportation will be on display. There'll be a boulevard of merchants in the park, live music all day, tasty food booths, a Tea Room for erudition and education, Handcar Races at the Skunk Train Depot, and an expanded Whimsy Circus full of unique kids' activities.
- Sunday's Fair is all that, plus a boulevard of merchants in the park, live music all day, tasty food booths, a Tea Room for erudition and education, and Whimsy Circus full of kids' activities.
The 4th annual Kinetic Carnivale will come to a rousing conclusion with an amazing band.